The wait is finally over guys. The Canon 5D Mark IV is probably the most anticipated camera in our community and we really waited long enough.
The question that everyone of you is asking right now is surely, if the camera is worth a buy. More and more people jumped over to Nikon from Canon in recent years and time will tell if the Mark IV can change that.
Lets just take a look at the official presentation video of the Mark IV from Canon, so you get an idea, what the camera is capable of.
The Dual Pixel Raw feature is probably the most surprising and coolest feature in the Mark IV. It will let you change the focus of your image in post with a microadjustment. This just might save all of those amazing shots that we do, but are slightly out of focus. Canon also stated that they improved the dynamic range.
Time will tell if it really can beat or come close to the dynamic range of Nikon and Sony and the crazy before and after images we see in our community.
We will review this bad boy after it will be released on September the 8th. Yes, you heard it right. That is just two weeks away from now.
The 5D Mark IV will be priced at US$3,499 for the body only, US$4,399 with the EF24-70mm f/4 L, and US$4,599 with the new EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM.
You can pre-order the 5D Mark IV over at amazon, just follow the link below and you will be redirected
EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera Specifications:
- • New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- • 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- • Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area.
- • Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- • 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lens + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- • 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- • Dual Pixel RAW*, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- • Built-in Wi-Fi®1 and NFC2 connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- • Built-in GPS3 provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.