Based in Belgrade, Serbian husband & wife destination wedding photographers Danilo & Sharon have the drive to create something new each day. Its the reason they got into photography and cinematography - and a pretty good reason too we think! How important is this drive? Well, not creating images means they lose ⅓ of their lives not doing what they love the most. That sums it up. As well as the many stunning images this pair have created, you must watch the French Comete wedding this insanely talented pair have skillfully produced - it’s like watching an art film of real people’s lives - it makes you think (or wish): that could be me - a film about me.
1. Why do you make images?
We simply felt a need to create something new every day, and we chose to create images, both still and moving.
2. What do they mean to you?
The thing we love the most in our lives is being together, all day, every day. If we weren’t creating images, we would lose the third of our lives not doing what we love the most. So they mean at least one third of all happiness to us.
3. What is life to you? What it should be?
It should be every second of the day, not only free time after work. For us it is every second. And the baby boy we are expecting.
4. Where did you grow up and how did that play a part in your photography?
We grew up in the same small town in the north of Serbia. Streets made us, in the good way. We got used to playing, having fun and enjoying every day. Thats what how we do it with photography today.
5. There are a lot of professions out there - why be a photographer?
Arts were our first choice anyway. And we found out to be better photographers than musicians or anything other.
6. What is your favourite non-photography pass time?
7. What are you reading now?
8. Are there any unseen experimental images in your attic you’d like to show us now?
Weddings give us an opportunity to experiment as they are far from overly saturated by experiments… We are mostly experimenting with moving image these days, looking for a way to film weddings in a non-wedding fashion.
9. Who do you respect - in photography or elsewhere?
The person who we pay so much respect and who is a great inspiration and a friend of ours is an amazing wedding photographer Petar Jurica.
10. If you were to start all over again, is there anything you would do differently? Why?
Definitely not. We enjoyed every step of our work until now, every mistake and every success were absolutely invaluable experience for us.
Follow Danilo & Sharon